- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Casa Municipal (Casa de Cortés)
Casa Municipal (Casa de Cortés) Review
The place where the Aztec emperor Cuauhtémoc was held prisoner by Cortés is reputed to have been rebuilt in the 18th century from the stones of his original house. Now a sandy color and topped by two coyote figures, it's used for municipal government offices; a small tourist bureau at the entrance provides maps and leaflets publicizing cultural events in the area. Usually you can wander through the wide arches to the cute tile patio.
- Address: Plaza Hidalgo 1, between Calles Carillo Puerto and Allende, Coyoacán, Mexico City, 04000
- Phone: 55/5658–0221
- Hours: Weekdays 8–6, weekends 8–8
- Metro Viveros, then take a taxi.
- Location: San Angel and Coyoacán
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Got back from a week in Puerto Vallarta on Saturday night. Read more
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
We were thinking of going to Guanajuato end of May, June for two weeks. Read more
· News & Features
Navigate the chaotic street food scene of Ho Chi Minh City like a pro with our quick guide to no-fuss... Read more
Come for the beautiful architecture and stay for the vibrant local culture.... Read more
A look at ultra-luxurious airline accomodations and a fascinating visual breakdown of literary storytelling are... Read more