Mexico City Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Mexico City
Hitting the hippest spot in the country: Mexico City is the undisputed cultural capital of Latin America, with a lifestyle as distinct as that of New York or Rio.
Strolling through the Centro Histórico: Imagine if Washington, D.C., contained Plymouth Rock, Jamestown, Gettysburg, and Hiroshima to understand the aura and historic significance of this 500-year-old neighborhood laid atop—and made of—Aztec ruins.
Sampling la cocina mexicana : As street vendors offer up traditional snacks, chefs reinvent those recipes with amazing results.
Museum-hopping: You'll find Frida Kahlo and Diego Rivera all over; the stunning contemporary Museo Nacional de Antropología is worth visiting just for the building—a full exploration of its collection would take days.
Mexico's melting pot: The city's size and status mean you'll see all aspects of Mexican society from fashionistas to farmers.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's