Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
At a Glance
- good food
- great prices
- nothing within walking distance
- water too dangerous for swimming
- exterior is run-down
Check Rates from our Partners
There's not much character in these blocks of basic motel-style rooms plunked down on the beach, but they're a good value, with cable TV, room service, and air-conditioning. The restaurant, El Marinero, as well as the buffet serve delicious Spanish, seafood, and Mexican fare. Ask to stay in the newer section (the cost is the same), where some standard rooms have ocean views and balconies.
- Address: Calle Marbella 7, at Blvd. Costero Miguel de la Madrid, Km 9.5, Zona Hotelera, Playa las Brisas Manzanillo, 28869 | Map It
- Phone: 314/333–1102; 314/333–1222
- Website: www.hotelmarbella.com.mx
- Location: Manzanillo
- 92 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more