Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
At a Glance
- good food
- great prices
- nothing within walking distance
- water too dangerous for swimming
- exterior is run-down
Check Rates from our Partners
There's not much character in these blocks of basic motel-style rooms plunked down on the beach, but they're a good value, with cable TV, room service, and air-conditioning. The restaurant, El Marinero, as well as the buffet serve delicious Spanish, seafood, and Mexican fare. Ask to stay in the newer section (the cost is the same), where some standard rooms have ocean views and balconies.
- Address: Calle Marbella 7, at Blvd. Costero Miguel de la Madrid, Km 9.5, Zona Hotelera, Playa las Brisas Manzanillo, 28869 | Map It
- Phone: 314/333–1102; 314/333–1222
- Website: www.hotelmarbella.com.mx
- Location: Manzanillo
- 92 rooms.
- Rate includes some meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Well I've been researching lots of possibilities for a family vacation for this coming November & decided to add your opinions to my final decision just in case I am overlooking something. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more