Water Sports in Manzanillo
Except when the water is rough, the rocky points off Manzanillo's peninsulas and coves make for good snorkeling and scuba diving.
Colima Surf Academy rents out boards and gives hour-long one-on-one surf lessons for $55 (promotional prices are often available). Blvd. Costero 1509, Col. Infonavit, Manzanillo, 28869. 314/333-2474. colimasurfacademy.com.
You can rent snorkel and scuba gear as well as kayaks, Boogie boards, and Jet Skis at Deportes Aquaticos el Pacifico. Av. Audiencia s/n, Playa las Hadas, Peninsula de Santiago, Manzanillo, 28860. 314/331-0101 Ext. 3804. Playa la Audiencia, 28860. 314/333-1848.
Underworld Scuba provides many services. The English-speaking instructors give resort classes and full PADI certification; sell single-day or multiday dive and hotel-dive packages; and rent snorkel and diving equipment. Blvd. Miguel de la Madrid, Km 15, near Juanito's restaurant, Santiago, Manzanillo, 28860. 314/333-3678.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe