Golf in Manzanillo
Robert Von Hagge mapped out the impressive 27-hole Isla Navidad course in the Grand Bay resort complex, about an hour north of Manzanillo. The expansive clubhouse has a pro shop where you can arrange lessons, a restaurant-bar, as well as men's and women's locker rooms with steam, sauna, and whirlpools. Greens fees are $230 for 18 holes, including cart. Caddies are mandatory and charge $30. Paseo Country Club s/n, Manzanillo, 28860. www.islanavidad.com.
La Mantarraya, the 18-hole golf course at Las Hadas hotel, designed by Roy Dye, provides club rentals and caddies. The greens fee is $195, plus $45 for the cart. Av. De los Riscos and Av. Vista Hermosa, Fracc. Peninsula de Santiago, Manzanillo, 28860. 314/331-0101.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's