Fishing in Manzanillo
Manzanillo claims to be the world's sailfish capital; the season runs from mid-October through March. The International Sailfish Tournament (314/333-2770) takes place during the last half of November, and there's another in early February. Blue marlin and dorado are also abundant. Sportfishing boats are available at major hotels and through tour agencies.
Contact Ocean Pacific Adventures to charter a 26-foot boat (one to five people) for $225, or a 40-foot cruiser (1 to 10 people) for $275. Both tours last five hours and include a fishing license and a case each of beer and soda as well as the usual ice, bait, and tackle. A superb deal allows fisherpersons and their families to eat their catch, along with side dishes, free at Colima Bay Café or Sunset Lounge, paying for drinks only. Manzanillo. 314/335–0605.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe