- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Although Los Cabos area is one of the safest in Mexico, it's still important to be aware of your surroundings and to follow normal safety precautions. Everyone has heard some horror story about highway assaults, pickpocketing, bribes, or foreigners languishing in Mexican jails. Reports of these crimes apply in large part to Mexico City and other large cities; in Los Cabos, pickpocketing is usually the biggest concern.
General Information and Warnings
Transportation Security Administration (866/289-9673. www.tsa.gov.)
U.S. Department of State (202/501-4444 From Mexico; 888/407-4747 From the U.S. www.travel.state.gov.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's