- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Airmail letters from Baja Sur can take up to two weeks and often much longer to reach their destination. The oficina de correos (post office) in San José del Cabo is open 8–7 weekdays (with a possible closure for lunch) and 9–1 Saturday. Offices in Cabo San Lucas and La Paz are open 9–1 and 3–6 weekdays; La Paz and San Lucas offices are also open 9–noon on Saturday.
Cabo San Lucas Oficina de Correo (Av. Cardenas s/n. 624/143-0048.)
San Jose del Cabo Oficina de Correo (Mijares and Margarita Maya de Juarez. No phone.)
FedEx does not serve Los Cabos area. DHL has express service for letters and packages from Los Cabos to the United States and Canada; most deliveries take three to four days (overnight service is not available). To the United States, letters take three days and boxes and packages take four days. Cabo San Lucas, San José del Cabo, and La Paz have a DHL drop-off location. Mail Boxes Etc. can help with DHL and postal services.
Mail Boxes Etc. (Plaza las Palmas, Hwy. 1, Km 31, San Jose del Cabo, 23400. 624/142-4355. www.mailboxesloscabos.com. Plaza Bonita, Blvd. Marina #17, Cabo San Lucas, 23450. 624/143-3032. www.mailboxesloscabos.com.)
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe