- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Banks and government offices close during Holy Week, Cinco de Mayo, Día de la Raza, and Independence Day, and occasionally for other religious holidays; hours and staff are reduced Christmas through New Year's Day.
One of Los Cabos' most enjoyable celebrations is the Festival of Rhythms, Colors and Flavors (Festival de Ritmos, Colores y Sabores), which takes place in late November or early December. It's a weeklong celebration of food, drink, and music, and showcases the area's top restaurants.
Mexico's public holidays include New Year's Day (January 1); Constitution Day (February 5); Benito Juárez's Birthday (March 21); Good Friday (Friday before Easter Sunday); Easter Sunday; Labor Day (May 1); Cinco de Mayo (May 5); St. John the Baptist Day (June 24); Independence Day (September 16); Día de la Raza (October 12); Día de los Muertos (November 2); Anniversary of the Mexican Revolution (November 20); and Christmas (December 25).
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe