- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Los Cabos
Pan d'Les Review
Fortify yourself for a morning of sightseeing—the place is open only until 2:30 pm—at Pan d'Les in La Paz's central business district. Transplanted U.S. pastry chef Les Carmona hand forms his European-style breads and pastries at his small bakery. It's all flour, water, yeast, and salt here, but no preservatives. You'll find a good selection each morning. Every day is the day for his slow-rising rústico sourdough bread; the specialty on individual days of the week might be focaccia or a red wine-nut bread. An extra yummy treat in this warm climate are the homemade ice cream sandwiches.
- Address: Madero, between 5 de Mayo and Constitución Centro, La Paz, Baja California Sur
- Phone: 612/119–8392
- Location: La Paz
- No credit cards.
- No dinner. Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a 71-suite, award-winning Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos, is taking luxury to a ... Read more
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
Hyatt recently announced the opening of their first venture into the all-inclusive resort market with... Read more