- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Los Cabos
Las Guacamayas Taqueria
Las Guacamayas Taqueria Review
The outdoor-garden setting of Las Guacamayas is a bit kitschy, with trees sprouting up from the floor, and Christmas lights strung from branch to branch. Painted murals run along the walls, and wooden chairs surround tables with plastic coverings. Massive globes of mediocre margaritas and a Mexican guitarist singing American covers makes this a magnet for tourists, but, surprisingly, it also draws locals—a good sign. If you're looking for cheap, good Mexican food, you've come to the right place. Tacos stuffed with chorizo, marinated pork, and flank steak pervade the menu, though it's the quesadillas, with fillings like pumpkin flower, poblano pepper and onion, and pork skin that shine. Chilangas, or fried, folded-over quesadillas with melted cheese, also merit the trip, while the volcanoes (hard-shell taco cups filled with cheese and your choice of meat) are not to be missed.
- Address: Calle Paseo de los Marinos, Centro, San José del Cabo, Baja California Sur 23410
- Location: San José del Cabo
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
We are planning a trip to PdC for the end of May and looking to rent a condo at Corto Maltes. Read more
· News & Features
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a 71-suite, award-winning Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos, is taking luxury to a ... Read more
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
Hyatt recently announced the opening of their first venture into the all-inclusive resort market with... Read more