- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Los Cabos
Hotel Mar de Cortez
At a Glance
- clean rooms and pleasant surroundings
- refreshing pool
- free Internet
- noisy air-conditioning units
- surrounding streets are busy and loud
- beds and pillows are too hard
- towels are limited
Check Rates from our Partners
Hotel Mar de Cortez Review
Another one of Cabo's original hotels, this colonial-style property has been operating for over 30 years, and remains one of the most affordable in all of Los Cabos. Great for fishermen with buddies, and travelers on a budget, the suites have up to four beds (and are quite reasonably priced in high season). Located in the very middle of the downtown Cabo San Lucas action, Hotel Mar is only a few blocks from the marina, a block from the main square, near muchos restaurants, bars, clubs, and shopping.
- Address: Lazaro Cardenas and Guerrero, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur 23410 | Map It
- Phone: 624/143–0032; 800/347–8821 in U.S.
- Website: www.mardecortez.com
- Location: Cabo San Lucas
- 72 rooms, 16 suites.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sept.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a 71-suite, award-winning Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos, is taking luxury to a ... Read more
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
Hyatt recently announced the opening of their first venture into the all-inclusive resort market with... Read more