- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Bahía Chileno Review
A private enclave—with golf courses and residences—is being developed at Bahía Chileno, roughly midway between San José and Cabo San Lucas. The beach skirts a small, crescent-shape cove with aquamarine waters that are perfect for snorkeling and swimming (there are even restrooms). Getting here is easy, thanks to the well-marked access ramps on both sides of the road. The Chileno Bay project, a resort community on the rocky cliff at the east end of the beach continues to be developed. Along the western edge of Bahía Chileno, some 200 yards away, are some good-size boulders that you can scramble up. On the trek down you may see some stray wrappers and cans, but the beach itself is clean and usually not too crowded. In winter, this part of the Sea of Cortez gets chilly—refreshing for a dip, but most snorkelers don't spend too much time in the water.
Amenities: Toilets, parking lot. Best for: swimming; snorkeling.
Cabo Acuadeportes. The only business on the beach is Cabo Acuadeportes, which rents snorkel equipment and offers scuba diving and snorkeling trips to nearby sites; hours are erratic and depend on the beach traffic (or the lack thereof). 624/143-0117.
- Address: Bahía Chileno, Baja California Sur, 23400
- Location: The Corridor
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $479 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort w/Air, Kids Stay Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $3210 & up -- 12-Nt. Luxe Mexican Riviera Cruise on Azamara American Express Travel
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
Costa Azul surf break also known as “Zippers” is known for its fast waves for the more advanced surfer. Read more
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hello, I really want to go down to either Isla Mujeres or Cozumel or Playa del Carmen to swim and snorkel. Read more
· News & Features
Think of Los Cabos and you'll probably have images of umbrella drinks and sandy beaches swimming in you... Read more
Not all beaches are swimmable all the time (or ever).... Read more
What once was the drink of the poor Mexican farmer is now produced en masse and enjoyed internationally,... Read more