At a Glance
- fantastic location, short walk to the marina and Cabo's action, but very quiet, as well
- great beach access for walking on the Pacific side
- attentive but unobtrusive staff
- restaurants (except at the pool) and older sections of the hotel are closed during the summer months
- beach is not swimmable because of rough waves and undertow
One of the first hotels built in Cabo, the Finisterra, perched on a hill overlooking the marina and the Pacific, was an architectural marvel back in the 1960s. The hotel has grown over the years and the two towers of the newer Palapa Beach Club overlook their gorgeous pools and the Pacific. An eight-story palapa roof covers the restaurant and bar on the sand next to the hotel's three giant free-form swimming pools and eight hot tubs. Rooms in the new Palapa Beach Club buildings are by far the nicest; they are large and have oceanfront balconies—where, from the upper floors, it's not uncommon to spot whales during the winter months. The stone buildings of the less expensive, older section of the hotel are simpler and evoke the early days of Cabo's popularity. The Whale Watcher bar that sits perched high atop the cliff behind the Finisterra has one of the best views in town, especially when the wintering whales are in town.
View deals in Los Cabos for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More