- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Mama's Royal Café/Felix Fine Mexican & Seafood Restaurant
Mama's Royal Café/Felix Fine Mexican & Seafood Restaurant Review
Claiming to have "the best damn breakfast restaurant in the entire country," Mama's is a casual, lively, indoor-outdoor spot in Cabo San Lucas that serves up bountiful plates of omelets and poached eggs with avocado and ham, and finger-licking fried potatoes. Also claiming to serve the "World's Best French Toast"—a treasure stuffed with cream cheese, strawberries, mangoes, bananas, pecans, and topped with orange liqueur, Mama's have a right to this claim. At night, the colorful restaurant morphs into Felix and serves traditional Mexican dishes like chiles en nogada (chilies in walnut sauce), pozole (pork soup with hominy, onion, garlic, dried chilies, and cilantro), along with a lineup of more than 30 unusual salsas. Owner Spencer Moore, the amiable salsa guru, shares all his cooking and salsa "secrets" on the restaurant's website.
- Address: Hidalgo at Zapata, Marina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur, 23452 | Map It
- Phone: 624/143-4290
- Website: www.mamascabosanlucas.com, www.felixcabosanlucas.com
- Location: Cabo San Lucas
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. Closed Sep.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $109-$139 -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star All-Incl. Family Resort BookIt.com
- $799 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Escapes w/Air; Kids Stay Free Vacation Express
- $3210 & up -- 12-Nt. Luxe Mexican Riviera Cruise on Azamara American Express Travel
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
Think of Los Cabos and you'll probably have images of umbrella drinks and sandy beaches swimming in you ... Read more
Not all beaches are swimmable all the time (or ever).... Read more
What once was the drink of the poor Mexican farmer is now produced en masse and enjoyed internationally,... Read more