- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Los Cabos
Mama's Royal Café/Felix Fine Mexican & Seafood Restaurant
Mama's Royal Café/Felix Fine Mexican & Seafood Restaurant Review
Claiming to have "the best damn breakfast restaurant in the entire country," Mama's is a casual, lively, indoor-outdoor spot in Cabo San Lucas that serves up bountiful plates of omelets and poached eggs with avocado and ham, and finger-licking fried potatoes. Also claiming to serve the "World's Best French Toast"—a treasure stuffed with cream cheese, strawberries, mangoes, bananas, pecans, and topped with orange liqueur, Mama's have a right to this claim. At night, the colorful restaurant morphs into Felix and serves traditional Mexican dishes like chiles en nogada (chilies in walnut sauce), pozole (pork soup with hominy, onion, garlic, dried chilies, and cilantro), along with a lineup of more than 30 unusual salsas. Owner Spencer Moore, the amiable salsa guru, shares all his cooking and salsa "secrets" on the restaurant's website.
- Address: Hidalgo at Zapata, Marina, Cabo San Lucas, Baja California Sur 23452 | Map It
- Phone: 624/143–4290
- Website: www.mamascabosanlucas.com, www.felixcabosanlucas.com
- Location: Cabo San Lucas
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Sun. Closed Sep.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Is there a place in the Cancun airport to buy a sim card for an unlocked phone to call within Mexico and to US?
Do I need a power adapter in Mexico? My adapters say North and South America. Read more
· News & Features
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a 71-suite, award-winning Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos, is taking luxury to a ... Read more
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need... Read more
Hyatt recently announced the opening of their first venture into the all-inclusive resort market with... Read more