At a Glance
- service and amenities are virtually flawless
- the physical setting is exquisite
- every room has an ocean view
- resort is for adults and children 16 and over only (families with younger children are welcome in the Villas)
- the high cost of incidentals can get exhausting
- wind can be fierce on the rocky cliffs that the resort is set on
One of the most exquisite resorts in Los Cabos, focused on privacy and impeccable service, and home to one of the best spas in the region, Esperanza is a true luxury. All suites are spacious and have handcrafted Mexican-style furnishings, Frette linens, and massive bathrooms with dual-head showers and balcony-set plunge pools. Villas take the luxe even further with private pools and butler service. The Penthouse Suite (which will run you a minimum of $2,500 per night) offers one of the most stunning views of El Arco imaginable. Californian and Mexican recipes get a Baja twist in atmospheric Cocina del Mar, and other property restaurants, while guests can be found relaxing at all hours at the chic alfresco El Bar just above the pool. The spa takes treatments to a whole new level, with 12 individual and two couples treatment cabins, steam caves, and a waterfall, as well as visiting instructors, and a regular schedule of classes. Treatments with novel ingredients leave even the most sun-beaten skin soft and rejuvenated.