Los Cabos Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Los Cabos Restaurant Reviews
Prepare yourself for a gourmand's delight. The competition, creativity, selection, and, yes, even the prices are utterly beyond comprehension. From elegant dining rooms to casual seafood cafés to simple taquerías, Los Cabos serves up anything from standard to thrilling fare.
In the past, some restaurants have tried to please everyone and overcome fierce competition by offering similar menus with often-mediocre results. But a number of the chefs and restaurateurs are settling into their niches and subsequently delighting their audiences. The food scene changes fairly quickly, so it's always a good idea to ask fellow travelers or locals about their dining experiences.
Seafood is the true highlight here. Fresh catches that land on the menus include dorado (mahimahi), lenguado (halibut), cabrilla (sea bass), jurel (yellowtail), wahoo, and marlin. Local lobster, shrimp, and octopus are particularly good. Fish grilled over a mesquite wood fire is perhaps the most indigenous and tasty seafood dish, while the most popular may be the tacos de pescado (fish tacos); traditionally a deep-fried fillet wrapped in a handmade corn tortilla, served with shredded cabbage, cilantro, and salsas. Beef and pork—commonly served marinated and grilled—are also delicious. Many restaurants import their steak, lamb, duck, and quail from the state of Sonora, Mexico's prime pastureland, and also from the United States.
In San José, international chefs prepare excellent Continental, French, Asian, and Mexican dishes in lovely, intimate restaurants. The Corridor is the place to go for exceptional hotel restaurants. Intense competition for business in Los Cabos means many restaurants go through periodic remodels and reinvention, the Corridor restaurants included. Cabo San Lucas is where the major portion of the area's explosion in new eateries has occurred. To be expected, also, Cabo has comfort food covered, with franchise eateries from McDonald's, Subway, and Domino's to Carlos 'n' Charlie's, and Ruth's Chris Steakhouse.
Browse Los Cabos Restaurants
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $79-$85 -- Riviera Maya 4-Star All-Inclusive Resort, 55% Off BookIt.com
- $149-$156 -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Resort w/Spa Credit BookIt.com
- $479 & up -- Cancun All-Incl. Resort w/Air, Kids Stay Free CheapCaribbean.com
- $3210 & up -- 12-Nt. Luxe Mexican Riviera Cruise on Azamara American Express Travel
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com