Nightlife & the Arts in Los Cabos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Los Cabos Nightlife
Party-minded crowds roam the main strip of Cabo San Lucas every night from happy hour through last call, often staggering home or to hotel rooms just before dawn. It's not hard to see why this is the nightlife capital of southern Baja.
Indeed, Cabo is internationally famous (or infamous, depending on your view) for being a raucous party town, especially during spring break. On the other hand, nightlife in San José del Cabo is much more low-key: it's more about a good drink and conversation as opposed to the table-dancing chaos you'll find in some Cabo hot spots.
Between the two towns, the self-contained resorts along the Corridor have some nightlife, mainly in ever-improving restaurants and bars, which can mix up some fabulous cocktails themselves.
The lines between "bar," "nightclub," and "restaurant" are blurry here. Never forget that enjoying a fine dinner is a time-honored way to spend a Los Cabos evening. Also, don't forget that things shift into lower gear during the lowest of the low season—those slow, sweltering months of August and September when some places curtail their offerings, or may close for a few weeks altogether. Never fear though: you'll find nighttime fun here no matter what season you visit.
Browse Los Cabos Nightlife
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's