- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Scuba Diving and Snorkeling
Popular diving and snorkeling spots include the coral banks off Isla Espíritu Santo, the sea-lion colony off Isla Partida, and the seamount 14 km (9 miles) farther north (best for serious divers).
Cortez Club. The Cortez Club is a full-scale water-sports center with equipment rental and scuba, snorkeling, kayaking, and sportfishing tours, as well as the complete slate of PADI instructional courses. A two-tank dive costs about $125. Hwy. to Pichilingue, Km 5, between downtown and Pichilingue, La Paz, Baja California Sur, 23004. 612/121–6120; 877/408–6769 in U.S. www.cortezclub.com.
Fun Baja. Fun Baja offers scuba and snorkel trips with the sea lions. Two-tank scuba trips start at $140. Hwy. to Pichilingue, Km 2, La Paz, Baja California Sur, 23004. 612/106–7148; 800/667–5362 in U.S. www.funbaja.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's