- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The calm waters off La Paz are perfect for kayaking, and you can take multiday trips along the coast to Loreto or out to the nearby islands.
Baja Expeditions. Baja Expeditions, one of the oldest outfitters working in Baja (since 1974), offers several kayak tours, including multinight trips between Loreto and La Paz. A support boat carries all the gear, including ingredients for great meals. The seven-day trip in the Sea of Cortez with camping on remote island beaches starts at $1,400 per person, based on double occupancy. 2625 Garnet Ave., San Diego, CA, 92109. 612/125–3828; 800/843–6967 in U.S. www.bajaex.com.
Fun Baja. Fun Baja offers kayak trips around the islands, scuba and snorkel excursions, and land tours. A day of kayaking and snorkeling will run about $125. Hwy. to Pichilingue, Km 2, La Paz, Baja California Sur, 23004. 612/106–7148; 800/667–5362 in U.S. www.funbaja.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's