- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Boating and Fishing
The considerable fleet of private boats in La Paz now has room for docking at three marinas: Fidepaz Marina at the north end of town, and the Marina Palmira and Marina La Paz south of town. Most hotels can arrange trips. Fishing tournaments are held in August, September, and October.
Fishermen's Fleet. The Fishermen's Fleet has daylong fishing on pangas (skiffs), as well as multiday excursions to Magdalena Bay. La Paz, Baja California Sur. 612/122-1313; 888/642-7024 in U.S. www.fishermensfleet.com.
Mosquito Fleet. The Mosquito Fleet has cabin cruisers with charters starting around $650 per person for up to four people, and superpangas at $475 per person for two people. La Paz, Baja California Sur. 612/121-6120; 877/408-6769 in U.S. www.bajamosquitofleet.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe