- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
Shopping Todos Santos: An influx of artisans and craftspeople has turned Todos Santos into the region's snazziest, high-quality shopping destination.
Lodging Value: Todos Santos offers a selection of charming inns at just a fraction of the cost—but all at full quality—of Los Cabos hostelries down the coast.
The Aquarium of the World: So Jacques Cousteau christened the Sea of Cortez; La Paz makes the perfect launching point for exploring this body of water's rich marine life.
The Best of Urban Baja: La Paz is your bet for the urban pleasures of a charming, low-key Mexican city that lines a grand seaside promenade to boot.
A Whale of a Time: The annual December-through-April migration of gray whales to and from Alaska is visible from various points on the Baja coast and a guaranteed stunner.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe