Horseback Riding in Los Cabos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Cantering down an isolated beach or up a desert trail is one of the great pleasures of Los Cabos (as long as the sun isn't beating down too heavily). The following company has well-fed and well-trained horses. One-hour trips generally cost about $35 per person, two-hour trips about $65.
Rancho Collins Horses. Horses are available for rent near the Playa Médano hotels, in the arroyo just east of Club Cascadas, near Villa del Arco, for about $25 per person for a 1¼-hour ride. Baja California Sur. 624/143–3652.
Red Rose Riding Stables. The popular Red Rose Riding Stables has healthy horses for all levels of riders. The outfitter leads trips to the beach and the desert. Groups are sometimes too large to suit all riders' levels of expertise; consider this if you're an expert rider, or a newbie riding with a bunch of experts. Hwy. 1, Km 4, Baja California Sur, 23400. 624/143-4826.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe