Hiking in Los Cabos
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Baja Wild. Trips with Baja Wild include hikes to canyons, small waterfalls, hot springs, a fossil-rich area, and caves with rock paintings. You can also take customized jeep expedition trips to La Sierra de la Laguna, a series of mountain peaks submerged in water millions of years ago. The highest peak, at 7,000 feet above sea level, is ringed by pure pine forests. Rock-climbing and rappelling trips are also available. An all-day group hiking trip includes lunch, guide, equipment, and transfer. Plaza Costa Azul, Hwy. 1, Km 28, Baja California Sur, 23400. 624/172–6300. www.bajawild.com. $125 per person; private (2 person) trips are $350.
Cuadra San Francisco Equestrian Center. The Cuadra San Francisco Equestrian Center offers trail rides and lessons on 50 beautiful and extremely well-trained horses. Trail rides go into the hills overlooking the Cabo Real property or to the San Carlos arroyo; both focus on the flora as much as the riding. Trips are limited to 20 people, with one guide for every 6 or 7 people. Cuadra also specializes in private trail rides. Reserve at least a day in advance and request an English-speaking guide. Note that you must query them for rates. Hwy. 1, Km 19.5, across from Casa del Mar and Las Ventanas al Paraíso hotels, Baja California Sur, 23410. 624/144–0160. www.loscaboshorses.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's