- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
You can't beat the vibe at this restaurant where the tortillas are prepared fresh on a skillet over an open fire. A stairway leads you to a high palapa-ceiling dining area with a view of the open-air Señor Frogs; in the evening you can see people dancing as you eat. The seafood dishes, especially the linguini del marinero with shrimp and clam in a tomato sauce, are fresh and well prepared. Another standout is the lechón entero al horno, an entire baked suckling pig prepared for six people with a wine-based sauce and served with baked potatoes, mushrooms, and salad.
- Address: Plaza Marina, Ixtapa, 48880
- Phone: 755/553–1103
- Location: Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
Hi All –
Just posted my trip report/photo journal from traveling to Mexico City, Cartagena and Bogotá. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more