Golf in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The Campo de Golf Ixtapa (formerly Palma Real Golf Club) has an 18-hole, par-72 championship course designed by Robert Trent Jones Jr. It abuts a wildlife preserve that runs from a coconut plantation to the beach; you may glimpse a gator while you play. Greens fees are $75. You must use either a caddy ($25) or a cart ($35). Club rental is available. Blvd. Ixtapa s/n, Ixtapa, 40880. 755/553-1163 or 755/553-1062.
Part of the Marina Ixtapa complex, the challenging 18-hole, par-72 course at the Club de Golf Marina Ixtapa was designed by Robert Von Hagge. Greens fees are $97 (including cart). Caddies charge $25, and you can rent clubs. Ixtapa, 40880. 755/553-1410.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe