Fishing in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Right at the pier, Cooperativo de Pescadores Azueta has a large fleet of boats with VHF radios; some have GPS. The outfit charges $180 for trips in small, fast skiffs with up to four passengers or $250 to $300 for larger, more comfortable, albeit somewhat slower, craft. Paseo del Pescador 81, Zihuatanejo, 40880. 755/554-2056.
Cooperativo Triangulo del Sol offers day trips in boats from 26 to 36 feet. Prices are in the $180 to $350 range. Paseo del Pescador 38, Zihuatanejo, 40880. 755/554-3758.
VIPSA is a reliable bet in the Ixtapa area, with boats that can handle four to six passengers; prices range from $300 to $500. Hotel Las Brisas, Paseo Vista Hermosa, Ixtapa, 40880. 755/553-2121 Ext. 3469.
Whiskey Water World dispatches seven-hour expeditions in pangas ($190 for two people) and cruisers of 32 feet ($250–$350 for three–four people) and 38 feet ($350–$395 for six–eight people). It's run by Ed Garvis, an American expat in business here since 1997. Paseo del Pescado 20, Zihuatanejo, 40880. 755/554–0147; 661/310–3298 in U.S. www.ixtapa-sportfishing.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe