Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo Travel Guide
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Plan Your Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo Vacation
Although they couldn't be more different, Ixtapa (eesh-tah-pa) and Zihuatanejo (zee-wha-ta-NEH-ho) are marketed together as a single resort destination, and both have gorgeous bays and beaches. They may also be the friendliest of Mexico's major resort areas. Ixtapa is quite pleasant, and filled with beachfront hotels. Zihua also has many beachfront hotels, but more of an authentic Mexico feel. There are plenty of beachfront hotels, and the cluster of pedestrian-only streets close to the marina is completely touristy.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Ixtapa and Zihuatanejo
Ixtapa's primary hotel zone, the Zona Hotelera, extends...read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more