Shopping in Isla Mujeres
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Isla Mujeres Shopping
Aside from seashell art and jewelry, Isla produces few local crafts. Still, the streets are filled with souvenir shops selling cheap T-shirts, garish ceramics, and seashells glued onto a variety of objects. Amid all the junk you may find good Mexican folk art, hammocks, textiles, and silver jewelry. Most stores are small family operations that don't take credit cards, but everyone gladly accepts American dollars. Stores that do take credit cards sometimes tack on a fee to offset the commission they must pay. Hours are generally Monday through Saturday 10 am-1 pm and 4-7 pm, although many stores stay open during siesta hours (1-4 pm).
Browse Isla Mujeres Shopping
Browse Isla Mujeres Shopping By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's