- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
El Varadero Review
Located off the beaten path in a weathered fisherman's cottage with a palapa roof, this local favorite is the perfect place for delicious, reasonably priced seafood. It's known for its fresh mojitos, but the family-style plates of garlic fish (grilled or fried) is the real reason to visit. The day's catch changes regularly, ranging from grouper to lobster, and don't miss the creole sauce if it's being served. Cuban specialities like tostones and sandwiches round out the menu options at this relaxed, charming island spot.
- Address: Colonia Electricistas, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo 77400
- Phone: 998/877–1600
- Location: Elsewhere on the Island
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The vastly accepted property of Playa Del Carmen is also known for its strict maintenance of making low rise buildings so that the natural view never gets covered under the dome of high rises. Read more
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more