- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Loncheria La Lomita
Loncheria La Lomita Review
Don't judge a restaurant by its setting. This hole-in-the-wall, with its red plastic tables and chairs, is a perennial local favorite. Prepare yourself for enormous portions, starting with the beloved sopa de frijoles (black bean soup made with onions, tomatoes, lime and fresh cheese). Moist fish fillets are cooked in a bed of oil and herbs and wrapped in a sheet of foil. If you only try one dish, make it the chile relleno: stuffed chiles lightly battered and fried and served with a side of pickled cabbage and rice.
- Address: Av Juarez Sur No. 25-B, El Pueblo, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo 77400
- Phone: No phone
- Location: El Pueblo
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
We are planning a trip to PdC for the end of May and looking to rent a condo at Corto Maltes. Read more
· News & Features
Premium economy is the budding class of the airline world, but deciding on a carrier (and whether it’s ... Read more
San Juan's balmy temperatures, gorgeous beaches, and charming, historic buildings make it the perfec... Read more
Keep an open mind and a flexible schedule on your next getaway.... Read more