- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Loncheria La Lomita
Loncheria La Lomita Review
Don't judge a restaurant by its setting. This hole-in-the-wall, with its red plastic tables and chairs, is a perennial local favorite. Prepare yourself for enormous portions, starting with the beloved sopa de frijoles (black bean soup made with onions, tomatoes, lime and fresh cheese). Moist fish fillets are cooked in a bed of oil and herbs and wrapped in a sheet of foil. If you only try one dish, make it the chile relleno: stuffed chiles lightly battered and fried and served with a side of pickled cabbage and rice.
- Address: Av Juarez Sur No. 25-B, El Pueblo, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, 77400
- Phone: No phone
- Location: El Pueblo
- No credit cards.
- Closed Sun.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $110 & up -- San Diego: Gaslamp Quarter Hotel, Save $150 Expedia
- $130-$138 -- 4-Star Cancun All-Inclusive Resort w/Credits Bookit.com
- $499 & up -- Cancun: All-Inclusive Beachfront Getaways w/Air Vacation Express
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
How to get a healthful life ? Read more
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
We head to the Riviera Maya on the 31st of May. Read more
· News & Features
Worried about your rights as a cruise ship passenger? ... Read more
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it.... Read more
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise.... Read more