- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
This delightful Cuban restaurant is owned by vivacious chef Vivian Reynaldo, who seems to know everyone in town. Her rich Hungarian potatoes, a recipe handed down from her mother, have been known to leave customers speechless, while the grilled tostones sandwiches, which use fried plantains instead of bread, are topped with a finger-licking onion-and-orange sauce and can't be missed. Meat lovers will relish the juicy hamburgers stuffed with goat cheese and served with yucca fries. Lunch salads are topped with fresh ingredients like garbanzo beans, avocado, and jicama. There are also several vegetarian dishes as well as freshly squeezed juices. The simple setting, with tables both inside and outside of the turquoise-color shack, is cozy, pleasant, and welcoming.
- Address: Plaza Los Almendros, Av. Hidalgo, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo 77400
- Phone: 998/214–2118
- Location: El Pueblo
- No credit cards.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
The vastly accepted property of Playa Del Carmen is also known for its strict maintenance of making low rise buildings so that the natural view never gets covered under the dome of high rises. Read more
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more