Isla Mujeres Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Isla Mujeres Restaurant Reviews
Dining on Isla is a casual affair, and much more affordable than in neighboring Cancún. Restaurants tend to serve simple food like seafood, pizza, salads, and Mexican dishes. Fresh ingredients and hospitable waiters make up for the island's lack of elaborate menus and master chefs. It's cash-only in most of the restaurants. If credit cards are accepted, you'll most likely pay an additional 5% service charge.
Though informal, most indoor restaurants do request that you at least wear a shirt and shoes. Some outdoor terrace and palapa restaurants also require shoes and some sort of cover-up over your bathing suit.
It's customary in Mexico for the waiter to bring the bill only when you ask for it ("la cuenta, por favor"). Always check to make sure you didn't get charged for something you didn't order, and to make sure the addition is correct. The "tax" on the bill is often a service charge, a sort of guaranteed tip.
Browse Isla Mujeres Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's