Isla Mujeres Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Isla Mujeres
Getting away from the crowd: Although Isla Mujeres is just across the bay from Cancún, the peace and quiet make it seem like another universe.
Exploring the southeastern coast: Bump along in a golf cart where craggy cliffs meet the blue Caribbean.
Eating freshly grilled seafood: For some reason it always tastes best under a beachfront palapa (thatch roof) at lovely Playa Norte.
Diving with "sleeping sharks": They dwell in the underwater caverns off Isla.
Taking a boat trip to Isla Contoy: On this even smaller island, more than 70 species of birds make their home.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's