Fishing in Isla Mujeres
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Keen M International Blue Water Encounters. Captain Anthony Mendillo Jr. provides specialized fishing trips from December to June aboard his several vessels, which range from 34 to 41 feet. He charges $300 for half-day fishing trips and up to $1,400 for a daylong trip (eight hours) for four people. Av. Arq. Carlos Lazo 1, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, 77400. 998/877–0759. www.islamujeressportfishing.com.
Jax Sport Fishing. Jax Sport Fishing offers a 29-foot custom charter boat for $950 per day. Captain Michael has more than 20 years' experience in offshore fishing. Av. Adolfo Mateos 42, near lighthouse, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, 77400. 998/877–1254; 214/295–7104 in U.S. www.jaxsportfishing.com.
Sea Hawk Divers. Sea Hawk Divers runs fishing trips—for barracuda, snapper, and smaller fish—that start at $350 for a half day. Av. Arq. Carlos Lazo, just off Playa Norte, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, 77400. 998/877–1233. www.sea-hawk-divers.myislamujeres.com.
Sociedad Cooperativa Turística. Sociedad Cooperativa Turística is a fishermen's cooperative that rents boats for a maximum of four hours and six people ($150). An island tour with lunch costs $55 per person. Av. Rueda Medina at Contoy Pier, Isla Mujeres, Quintana Roo, 77400. 998/887–0800.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's