- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Teuchitlán itself isn't much to see: a small Mexican town like many others, with a few small eateries surrounding a central plaza. But its main draw, the mysterious Guachimontones Ruins, are growing in popularity and preservation efforts are moving apace. Near the ruins, there are nice lakeside restaurants with decent food and better atmosphere than in town; spending some time here after seeing the ruins makes for a lovely afternoon.
Teuchitlán at a Glance
Elsewhere in Guadalajara
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's