- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
As you leave the bustle of Guadalajara to head west, the entire landscape changes; suddenly, the land is peppered with the distinctive blue-green color of agave. As you near Tequila, families are selling 100% blue agave tequila in plastic bottles for astoundingly low prices. For an in-depth look at how Mexico's most famous liquor is derived from the spiny plant that grows in fields alongside the highway, stop by this tiny village.
Tequila at a Glance
Elsewhere in Guadalajara
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's