- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Doña Gabina Escolastica
Doña Gabina Escolastica Review
Colorful, festive paper cutouts hang from the ceiling of this two-story space. Each table is unique, painted a different shade from the one next to it, with booth backs designed in the form of people, faces and all. The fun-filled atmosphere and decor would be the highlight of this spot in the historic center if the food were not so good. Try the pozole, soup enough for a meal in itself. The enchiladas—you can choose pork, cheese, or chicken filling—and the tostadas also are delicious.
- Address: Javier Mina 237, Centro Historicoin Zapopan, Guadalajara, Jalisco 45050
- Phone: 33/3833–0883
- Location: Zapopan
- No credit cards.
- Tues.–Sat. 7–11, Sun. 2–10.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Oaxaca is a most interesting city & area.
I arrived 3 days before my apartment was available due to a change of plans. I had planned on taking the bus down the coast to Puerto Escondido via Acapulco Read more
My husband and I were in Oaxaca for a week in early March. We are a couple who are 38 and 40 from New York, who love to travel independently. We've only been to Guatemala and Peru previously, Read more
Well I've been researching lots of possibilities for a family vacation for this coming November & decided to add your opinions to my final decision just in case I am overlooking something. Read more
· News & Features
For a lover of brews, there's no place quite like New Zealand. ... Read more
Phu Quoc, a fishing island in the Gulf of Thailand, is a quiet refuge of serene beaches, phenomenal seafood,... Read more
Travel is as much about the journey as the destination.... Read more