- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Doña Gabina Escolastica
Doña Gabina Escolastica Review
Colorful, festive paper cutouts hang from the ceiling of this two-story space. Each table is unique, painted a different shade from the one next to it, with booth backs designed in the form of people, faces and all. The fun-filled atmosphere and decor would be the highlight of this spot in the historic center if the food were not so good. Try the pozole, soup enough for a meal in itself. The enchiladas—you can choose pork, cheese, or chicken filling—and the tostadas also are delicious.
- Address: Javier Mina 237, Centro Historicoin Zapopan, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 45050
- Phone: 33/3833-0883
- Location: Zapopan
- No credit cards.
- Tues.--Sat. 7--11, Sun. 2--10.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $4.39 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more