- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's See It Mexico, 3rd Edition
Doña Gabina Escolastica
Doña Gabina Escolastica Review
Colorful, festive paper cutouts hang from the ceiling of this two-story space. Each table is unique, painted a different shade from the one next to it, with booth backs designed in the form of people, faces and all. The fun-filled atmosphere and decor would be the highlight of this spot in the historic center if the food were not so good. Try the pozole, soup enough for a meal in itself. The enchiladas—you can choose pork, cheese, or chicken filling—and the tostadas also are delicious.
- Address: Javier Mina 237, Centro Historicoin Zapopan, Guadalajara, Jalisco 45050
- Phone: 33/3833–0883
- Location: Zapopan
- No credit cards.
- Tues.–Sat. 7–11, Sun. 2–10.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
hinking of spending first few months of our retirement in either cozumel (never been there) or Acapulco (haven't been there in 9 years). Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more