- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Casa Fuerte Review
Relax with tasty Mexican dishes at the tables along the sidewalk or under the palms and by the fountain on the patio. You'll be tempted by the tables scattered around the sidewalk, but before you decide, take a peek at those in the oversize garden patio surrounding a magnificent old tree. Try the house specialty: chicken stuffed with huitlacoche (a corn fungus that's Mexico's answer to the truffle) and shrimp in tamarind sauce. Live musicians accompany comida (2:30 to 6 pm, approximately) every day except Monday.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $7 & up -- Car Rentals across Mexico CarRentals.com
Arrived on direct flight from Denver, luckily it was an easy travel day. Read more
Hi there! Read more
My boyfriend just told me today, we should visit Tequila on our planned trip to PV.
We add to calendar a visit to Guadalajara since it is one of my favorite mexican cities, but have never been in Tequila. Read more
· News & Features
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season."... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more