- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go
The chance to see murals by Orozco: Titanic works by this distinguished artist adorn several buildings.
Shopping for crafts at the source: Master craftsmen practice their art in the suburbs of Tonalá and Tlaquepaque.
Experiencing the most Mexican of Mexican traditions: Jalisco State is the land of tequila, mariachi, and jarabe tapatío (the hat dance).
Varied excursions: Close to the city are Mexico's largest lake and the town of Tequila, the birthplace of the country's famous firewater.
Visiting the site of pre-Hispanic ruins: Los Guachimontones, in the foothills of Tequila Volcano, is redefining western Mexico's archaeological past.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe