- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Driving from Guadalajara, take Avenida Lázaro Cárdenas or Dr. R. Michel to Carretera a Chapala. The trip takes about an hour. The Carretera a Chapala is the quickest route to Chapala and Ajijic.
Autotransportes Guadalajara Chapala serves the lakeside towns for about $4. It's 30 minutes to Chapala and another 15 minutes to Ajijic; there are departures every half hour from 6 am to 9:30 pm. Make sure you ask for the directo (direct) as opposed to clase segunda (second-class) bus, which makes frequent stops along the highway en route. 33/3619-5675.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's