Golf in Guadalajara
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Clubs are less crowded on Wednesday and Thursday; all rent equipment for around $20 to $30. Golf carts typically cost around $40. Guadalajara's top golf clubs—El Cielo and Santa Anita—are technically for members only, but hotels can get you in.
Atlas Country Club is an 18-hole, par-72 course designed by Joe Finger that's on the way to the airport. Greens fees are about $92 on weekdays, and $104 on weekends and holidays. Carretera Guadalajara-Chapala, Km 6.5, El Salto, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 45860. 33/3689-2620.
The private El Cielo Country Club, on a hill outside town, is an 18-hole, 6,765-yard, par-72 course blissfully removed from the city's din and with challenging holes and water features. For non-members it's $115 for 18 holes, including cart. Paseo del Cielo 1, Zapopan, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 45643. 33/3684-4436.
Las Cañadas Country Club is a rolling, 18-hole course in an exclusive area of Zapopan. Greens fees are $60–$80. Av. Bosques San Isidro 777, Zapopan, Guadalajara, Jalisco, 45204. 33/3685–0512 or 33/3685–0412.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's