- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Scooters are popular, but heavy traffic, potholes, and hidden stop signs make them a risky option. Mexican law requires all riders to wear helmets (it's a $25 fine if you don't).
If you do decide to rent a scooter, drive slowly, check for oncoming traffic, and don't ride when it's raining or you've been drinking. Scooters rent for about $25 per day or $15 for a half day, including insurance.
Ernesto's Scooter Rental (Carretera Costera Sur, Km 4, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, 77600. 987/871–1223 mobile. www.ernestosrental.com.)
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's