- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Fodor's Cancun and the Riviera Maya 2014
You can't miss the hot pink and turquoise exterior of local chef Kris Wallenta's latest restaurant. The chill, lounge-y feel of the island's new hot spot, which features a palapa-covered bar that opens onto a dimly lit garden dining room, may cater more to the tourist set, but don't be fooled: this isn't a tourist trap. Wallenta excels at putting modern spins on classic flavors, and this menu centers on locally caught fish. Favorites include the guak trio, the jikama tacos, which change depending on the day's catch, the Kondesa kakes, which are an interpretation of crab cakes made with lion fish, and enchiladas, also filled with seafood. A full cocktail list complements any meal, so if you can't make it for dinner, stop in for a drink. The vibe can't be beat.
- Address: 5th Av. #456, between 5th and 7th, Cozumel, Quintana Roo 77600
- Phone: 987/869–1086
- Location: San Miguel
- Closed Mon.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Just back from 5 days (Feb 13 -17) in Puerto Vallarta. Read more
Forty five minutes by good highway from Ixtapa/Zihuatenejo Airport is the small fishing village of Troncones which we think is almost perfect. Read more
My husband and I just celebrated our 30th anniversary. Read more
· News & Features
For ample beach time, minus the party scene, Cabo San Lucas is a bustling enclave with a marina, lots... Read more
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native... Read more
This unattributed travel quote tells us why splurging on a trip is totally worth it.... Read more