Nightlife & the Arts in Cozumel
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
If you're looking for a party, look elsewhere. Cozumel's already low-key nightlife shuts down by midnight, perhaps thanks to the many dive excursions leaving at the crack of dawn. The cruise-ship passengers mobbing the bars seem to drink enough for the whole island, and the rowdiest action sometimes takes place in the afternoon, when mojito-slinging revelers pull out the stops before reboarding. But if you're willing to shift the night action a few hours earlier, the excellent salsa bands playing a few bars and beach clubs will oblige. Join locals and resident expats for a few rounds on the dance floor and you'll be ready for bed at a relatively reasonable hour.
Sunday evenings from 8 to 10, locals head for the zócalo (main square) to hear mariachis and local, Caribbean-style bands.
Browse Cozumel Nightlife
Browse Cozumel Nightlife By Location
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's