- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Top Reasons to Go to Cozumel
Dive one of the world's great reefs: A rainbow of tropical fish, living coral, and other underwater creatures illuminates the 966-km-long (600-mile-long) Great Maya Reef, stretching from Cozumel to Central America.
(Un)wind your watch to island time: Lounge poolside, stroll along a white-sand beach, or explore the gardens above and below the waters at Chankanaab. Or just grab a table at a sidewalk café and watch the world go by.
Taste local flavor: San Miguel's Plaza Central is a Sunday evening hot spot for families and couples who gather for music and dancing. Visit during Carnival, the spring Fería del Cedral, or any national holiday, and you'll find parades, processions, and food stands with seasonal treats.
Meet the Maya: Take a refresher course on Mayan culture past and present at the Museo de Cozumel, then explore the temples dedicated to Ixchel, the Mayan goddess of fertility and the moon, at San Gervasio.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's