Kiteboarding in Cozumel
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
De Lille Sports. Cozumel native Raul De Lille, former Olympic kiteboarding competitor and certified instructor, now offers lessons and sessions for both paddleboarding and kiteboarding, the former having become much more popular in Cozumel, where the conditions can be more ideal than for kiteboarding. Individual and group classes cost $150 to $250 for a two- to three-hour class. Tours take kiteboarders to various parts of the island where the winds are strongest. Multi-day courses to learn how to paddle and kiteboard vary, inquire via website. 987/103–6711 cell. www.delillesports.com.
SUP Cozumel. Free lessons come with paddleboard rentals at this company that operates off of Casitas Beach. Rates are $25 for a one-hour rental, $40 for a half-day, and $60 for a full day. Guided group tours are also offered throughout the day. Casitas Beach, Blvd. Aeropuerto, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, 77600. 987/101–6286. supcoz.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's