Kiteboarding in Cozumel
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
De Lille Sports. Cozumel native Raul De Lille, former Olympic kiteboarding competitor and certified instructor, now offers lessons and sessions for both paddleboarding and kiteboarding, the former having become much more popular in Cozumel, where the conditions can be more ideal than for kiteboarding. Individual and group classes cost $150 to $250 for a two- to three-hour class. Tours take kiteboarders to various parts of the island where the winds are strongest. Multi-day courses to learn how to paddle and kiteboard vary, inquire via website. 987/103-6711 cell. www.delillesports.com.
SUP Cozumel. Free lessons come with paddleboard rentals at this company that operates off of Casitas Beach. Rates are $25 for a one-hour rental, $40 for a half-day, and $60 for a full day. Guided group tours are also offered throughout the day. Casitas Beach, Blvd. Aeropuerto, Cozumel, Quintana Roo, 77600. 987/101-6286. supcoz.com.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $91-$97 -- Suite at 4-Diamond Cabo Family Resort, 50% Off BookIt.com
- $60-$96 -- Cancun All-Inclusive Water Park Resort, 60% Off BookIt.com
- $689 & up -- Mexico Beach Getaways on Sale, up to 70% Off CheapCaribbean.com
- $1099 -- Balcony on New Ship to Curacao MSC Cruises
- $84 -- Puerto Vallarta Adults-Only All-Incl. Resort, 50% Off — $84 Bookit.com