- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Villahermosa's tidy little Aeropuerto Capitán Carlos A. Rovirosa is 15 km (9 mi) south of the city in Ranchería dos Montes. Continental Express flies here daily from Houston. Aeroméxico, and Aviacsa have daily flights to Villahermosa from Mexico City. The only transportation from Villahermosa's airport is via taxi. A trip downtown costs $15. First-class bus service on ADO GL is available from Mexico City. If you're considering driving, Carretera 199 continues past Palenque until it reaches Carretera 186, which leads west to Villahermosa. There's frequent second-class service to nearby towns from the Central Camionera de Segunda Clase. Trips around Villahermosa are fixed at $1.50 in yellow colectivo taxis; the minimum fare is $2 in the white especial (special or private) taxis.
Creatur Transportadora Turística specializes in multiday excursions that take in Misol-Ha, Cañón de Sumidero, and other sights off the beaten path. Av. Paseo Tabasco 1404, Villahermosa, Tabasco, 86030. 993/310-9900.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Save in Villahermosa: Book 3 Nts in May Fr $113+/Nt Expedia
- Villahermosa Savings! Book at Viva Villahermosa Fr $84+/Nt Save with Expedia, $68/night less
- Special deal: 4-Star Hyatt Regency Villahermosa Fr $142+/Nt — $142 Expedia
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Villahermosa Fr $146+/Nt — $146 Save with Expedia, $66/night less
- Book the Howard Johnson Villahermosa 3 Nts in May Fr $63+/Nt — $63 Expedia