- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
The capital city of Villahermosa epitomizes the development of Tabasco, where the airplane arrived before the automobile. Thanks to oil and the money it brought in, the cramped and ugly neighborhoods—in the mosquito-ridden town of the 1970s—have largely been replaced by spacious boulevards, shady parks, and cultural centers. There is little of interest here, but as the city has the airport nearest Palenque, you may find yourself here for the night.
Villahermosa at a Glance
Elsewhere in Chiapas and Tabasco
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's