- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
- Spanish Phrases
Getting Here and Around
Tuxtla Gutiérrez's Aeropuerto Ángel Albino Corzo (TGZ) is 15 km (9 mi) south of town near Chiapa de Corzo. Continental Express flies from Houston. Otherwise, you'll connect in Mexico City. Taxis from the airport cost $15. Expreso Azul first-class buses leave from Tuxtla and go to San Cristóbal, Ocosingo, and Palenque. Luxury buses run by UNO leave from a smaller terminal across the street. Chiapas is a big state, but there are few major highways. Carretera 190 goes east from Tuxtla through Chiapa de Corzo to San Cristóbal before continuing southeast to the Guatamalan border. There are plenty of hairpin curves, especially between Chiapa de Corzo and San Cristóbal. There is, however, a brand-new toll road that links Tuxtla and San Cristóbal—it costs about $3.80, and it's a much quicker alternative to 190.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's